New call handling platform software as part of Welbeing’s investment in the future.
Welbeing is delighted to announce its recent purchase of the UMO platform from Verklizan which will be implemented at Welbeing’s contact centres in Sussex and Norfolk. The investment is part of Welbeing’s continued strategy to grow its business, which has included substantial investment over the past two years to ensure it has future proofed its technology.
Organisations using the UMO platform come from a wide range of sectors from home care organisations, community alarm providers, security centres to housing associations. UMO has a cutting edge monitoring platform that can integrate the latest applications and technology – such as those used for telehealth and digital devices connecting over the internet.
Steve Smith, Welbeing’s CEO said: “Welbeing has grown significantly in the last two years and now monitors over 70,000 connections. We work with a number of manufacturers, so it was very important to find a platform that works with a wide range of devices. UMO will play a significant role in strengthening our business and allowing us to offer innovative solutions to our customers – securing our reputation as a leading telecare company working with service users & commissioners to deliver person-centred & innovative TECS.”
Paul Shead, Managing Director of Verklizan said: “We are delighted that Welbeing has chosen UMO to become their platform for monitoring services, including telecare, telehealth, lone worker, mobile GPS and video monitoring. With UMO, Welbeing will be able to receive alarms from virtually any manufacturer’s device, including the latest IP alarm units, and offer new services for the proactive support of health and wellbeing. Services can be scaled up quickly, accommodating Welbeing’s track record of continuous growth. We are looking forward to supporting Welbeing with the development of innovative and integrated services.”
- One of the largest telehealthcare providers in the UK
- Monitors over 70,000 connections
- Created from a collaboration of two award-winning local authority Lifeline services – Wealden District Council Lifeline and Eastbourne Borough Council Lifeline.
- TSA Platinum membership and ISO 9001 accreditation
- Over 320 organisations use UMO to monitor the wellbeing of over 1 million people
- UMO is a platform for providing multiple, integrated monitoring services, together with stock control and engineer management
- UMO handles all types of telecare equipment, both old and new, including IP alarms using mobile networks and home broadband
- A range of UMO apps and web portals allow remote and mobile workers to access and manage data held in the monitoring centre
- Verklizan is truly independent, as it does not compete with either monitoring providers or equipment manufacturers
- Over 100 manufacturers are Partners, with over 200 telecare and telehealth devices interoperable with UMO, including digital and analogue telecare
- Verklizan’s UK customers are a mix of local authorities, housing associations and private companies