Our Contact Centre Advisors provide the highest quality telecare and telephone response services for the customers and communities served by us.
We treat all calls as life-critical until our dedicated team can prove otherwise and in responding to those calls liaise closely with social workers, primary care teams, carers, emergency services, sheltered housing teams and family members to deliver the excellent customer service that we pride ourselves in.
Our team of highly trained Contact Centre Advisors provide reassurance and support to our 75,000 vulnerable customers all across the United Kingdom on a 24 hour, 365-day basis never forgetting that the customer is at the centre of everything that we do. In addition, they provide out of hours support to a number of local authorities and are often at the forefront of dealing with local emergencies.
Ideally, candidates will come from a care or customer service background, be confident on the telephone and able to provide reassurance and an empathetic service to all our customers. They will be willing to work shifts over a 3 week rota, rotating across 7 days and understand the need to work weekends and Bank Holidays.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide call-handling for the full range of services that the Company provides
- Answer all calls received through the system in accordance with specified service standards.
- Respond to calls in accordance with policy and procedures, quickly evaluating the needs of callers and providing advice and assistance as appropriate in the circumstances.
- Respond to telephone enquiries from members of the public, other agencies (e.g. health and social services) customers, colleagues and suppliers etc. in accordance with service standards and with reference to operational procedures.
Who we’re looking for
- English GSCE level at grade C or above (or international equivalent)
- Numerate and literate
- Good IT skills
- Friendly and reassuring telephone manner, good communications and customer service skills.
- Able to learn new things quickly
- Energetic and caring with a flexible approach who is able to respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities in service delivery and to giving a quality service/customer care
- Previous experience of working in a team environment
- Able to work shifts over a 24 hour period, early, late and night shift and including weekends
- 5 GCSEs at level C or above
- Proven experience in either a customer service or care environment
- Previous experience of working with call handling software