MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Field Services Team Leader will be responsible for the day to day management of their team, ensuring all works are carried out the required standards as set out by the contracts, the Senior management team. This role will also have responsibility for line managing all Cumbria based employees delivering all of our services including Mobile Response.
- The provision of leadership and overall direction to a team of Field Service Engineers and Mobile Responders
- Support & motivate employees to be part of a high performing team
- Practice and develop standards/behaviour that ensures quality of customer service
- Take responsibly for first line technical support to all team members and customer representatives
- Daily monitoring of resources
- Maintain quality and service standards ensuring that the business is able to acquire and retain customers and increase customer satisfaction
- Conduct regular on-site inspections to evaluate installation standards of team members, ensuring quality standards are adhered to
- Management of rota’s for mobile response teams within own area.
- Train new and existing employees on effective installation and maintenance techniques
- Ensure that the requirements of the TSA code of practice requirements are met or exceeded by their team, in respect to installation, service and preventative maintenance requirements
- Demonstrating adherence to appropriate KPI’s both internal and external
- Working with and supporting the Customer services team to ensure works are carried out and contract KPI’s are met
- Effective management of absence within the team
- Complete installation works in accordance with appropriate standards during times of high demand
- Performance management and coach team members regarding quality of service and H&S standards
- Ensuring the team manage their stock in the appropriate manner and are holding the correct stock to meet the needs of the department/contract/area
- Undertaking complaints investigations alongside the Regional Services Manager
- Monthly reporting to Regional Services Manager
- Supporting other Team Leader during periods of absence.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be required as part of the role
Skills and abilities
- Management or supervisory experience
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to multitask in a dynamic business environment
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to work to ever changing deadlines/targets
- Experience in the field of Telecare and/or Telehealth
- Experience of supervising/managing remote teams
- Formal technical qualification in telecommunications, electronic or electrical engineering
- Experience of stock management
- Experience of supervising/managing field engineers
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. Such details may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility involved.