What you’ll be doing
Working alongside the other team leaders you will be supervising and leading the provision of a high quality telecare and telephone response services for the customers of Welbeing in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, corporate objectives and service standards. You will be able to deputise for the Operations Manager, show flexibility and a willingness to work shifts.
What we are looking for
You will be a highly motivated, organised and hands-on individual, who has the necessary drive and focus to continuously develop and improve the processes within Welbeing. Through a hands-on management style and a “lead by example ethic” you will look to continually drive the efficiency of your team.
- Provide consistent quality supervision and leadership of shifts in the Contact Centre.
- Allocate tasks to team members as appropriate to ongoing operations.
- Supervise the team’s delivery of allocated tasks and ensure that the relevant service level standards are met consistently across all disciplines.
- Ensure all shifts have adequate and appropriate staffing.
- Carry out supervisions, appraisals and performance management discussions with team members on a regular and timely basis.
- Effective management of absence within the Contact Centre.
- Train new and existing contact centre staff on effective and appropriate call handling in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- To actively monitor the performance of the contact centre against targets
- Advise management immediately of any problems or difficulties experienced with any aspect of system operation or procedure
- Provide investigation and resolution of complaints received within the agreed procedures.
- Always providing the highest possible standard of customer care and support whilst always giving priority to the safety and security of service users and staff.
- Support with call handling as backup to the contact centre advisors.
- Liaise with social workers, members of the primary care team, carers, emergency services, sheltered housing teams etc. to ensure that the service provided is co-ordinated with the care and support provided by other agencies.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement by identifying operational efficiencies and constantly reviewing procedures to ensure that they are fit for purpose and making recommendations which will ensure that the Contact Centre is able to provide a high-quality service to service users and clients.
- Provide liaison with selected clients as directed by the Head of Contact Centre.
- Provide performance statistics and other management information to clients as directed by the Head of Contact Centre.
- Support marketing, promotion and customer relations activities as required and promote the Company’s services at every opportunity.
- Provide support and when required cover for other Team Leaders as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Monitor and coach team members in respect of the quality of service and H&S standards
- Provide support to recruitment and selection activities in the Contact Centre
- Undertake any other tasks as directed by the Head of Contact Centre and / or a member of Company’s Management Team.
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. Such details may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility involved.