We are looking for a Telecare Assessor to join our team. The main purpose of this role is to identify and address the needs of vulnerable people and/or careers who are referred to the telecare service, and to be a Welbeing ambassador, working closely with the Operations Manager and other colleagues to promote and develop the telecare service through communication, presentations, demonstrations and talks.
What you’ll be doing:
- Become acquainted with telecare equipment, how it works and how its use can support people to live at home independently for as long as possible.
- Assist in the promotion of telecare equipment in the form of awareness raising presentations, demonstrations, group talks and other marketing activities.
- Participate in and contribute to training and development activities as necessary to ensure up to date knowledge, skills and continuous professional development, including assisting in the training of both new and existing staff, as appropriate.
- Contribute to the awareness and knowledge development of external partner agencies about the range of telecare solutions available and how they can contribute to the care and support of diverse requirements.
- To assist the Head of Operations Manager in the production of statistical reports on activity and performance an to help achieve TSA accreditation standards for service provision, and to meet any performance targets that may be set to meet the service business plan.
- Meet any role performance targets as may be set by the Head of Operations Manager.
- To advise management immediately of any problems or difficulties experienced with any aspect of system operation or procedure.
- To liaise with social workers, members of the primary care team, carers, emergency services, sheltered housing teams, etc to ensure that the services we provide are co-ordinated with the care and support being provided to service users by other parties.
- Undertake visits to clients receiving care packages in their homes to assess their telecare requirements within the Sussex County area (and beyond this area as and when necessary), with the main territory being East Sussex & South Kent documenting assessment of needs and agreed telecare/support requirements and ensure the agreed county procurement process is implemented.
- In certain circumstances support the Telecare Installation teams by installing telecare equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations and Company procedures.
- Provide instruction to service users on the use of the telecare system, complete other installation/new customer documentation in accordance with specified procedures and where appropriate visit customers to check on their welfare and test and maintain their telecare installations.
- Provide the highest possible standard of customer care and support at all times whilst always giving priority to the safety and security of service users and staff.
Who we’re looking for
- English GSCE level at grade C or above (or international equivalent)
- Computer literate
- Commitment to develop own professional skills and knowledge and ability to learn new things quickly
- Current full driving licence
- Minimum of one year’s experience working closely with older or vulnerable people
- Thorough understanding of Telecare equipment & application to support vulnerable persons
- Experience of delivering training sessions or giving information information in related subjects to individuals or groups
- Be self motivated and able to work on own initiative and to keep calm under pressure
- Good communication and presentation skills, listen and communicate effectively, with the ability to relate to our client group (vulnerable adults)
- Willingness to undertake a wide and varied range of duties
- Good customer service skills