Do you have a background in care work or technology or maintenance? Are you IT/mobile phone savvy and can you use basic DIY tools such as a drill and hand tools?
We’re looking for an installation engineer to join our team. You will be working in our customers’ homes installing, configuring and maintaining Lifeline and other associated technology. You will have strong communication skills with the ability to explain basic technical information to non-technical people, providing our customers with the confidence to understand and use their equipment.
You will be confident working on your own and have a full driving licence and be able to use basic power tools and work at heights of up to 3.6m using ladders.
If you don’t come from a technical background but have a passion for people and feel that you can make a positive difference to the lives of our customer’s then we would still like to hear from you. Full training on all equipment and tools will be given.
Applicants should be aware that this role is subject to enhanced DBS checks.
What you’ll be doing
We’re looking for someone to visit customers at home to install, configure and maintain telecare equipment. Applicants would ideally come from a care, telecoms, maintenance or electrical installation background but experience of telecare is not required as full training is available. Excellent communication skills and the ability to be able to explain technical information to non-technical people is essential. Applicants should be able to use and operate tools (including power tools), be able to work at heights of up to 3.6 meters using ladders and have a current UK driving licence.
- To undertake visits to customers / service users to install, test, configure, maintain, repair or remove telecare and telehealth equipment
- To undertake assessments of customers / service users to identify specialist equipment needs and configurations
- To provide training in the use of the equipment supplied and the services provided to customers / service users
- To provide sales demonstrations of equipment and services to potential customers
- To support delivery of the local B2C marketing and sales activity
- Undertake visits to the homes of individuals to install telecare or telehealth equipment using tools and equipment provided
- Undertake visits to the homes of individuals to assess their needs, update their personal data and complete or renew their contractual and financial documentation
- Undertake visits to the homes of individuals to test, configure, maintain or repair telecare or telehealth equipment
- Undertake visits to the homes of individuals to remove telecare or telehealth equipment
- Provide appropriate training to individuals in the correct use of the telecare or telehealth equipment that has been supplied for their use
- Ensure that all work undertaken on customer’s premises is carried out in a safe manner, with the customer’s consent and to the company’s standards
- Ensure that all work is undertaken in accordance with the company’s standard procedures and training and manufacturer’s specifications
- Maintain and update customer and equipment records using the systems provided by the company
- Maintain a record of all activity and its impacts
- Achieve targets.
What we are looking for
- GCSE grade C or equivalent in Maths and English
- NVQ L2 or equivalent in customer care (desirable) or relevant experience
- Electrical installations, telecommunications installations or similar qualifications desirable but not essential
- Numerate and literate
- Demonstrable keyboard & IT skills in the context of the use of business applications
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- The ability to provide information tailored to the recipient’s ability to understand
- A flexible, task-focused approach to working
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good personal organisation, planning and prioritisation of work
- Analytical and structured approach to problem solving
- Ability to work neatly and tidily and in a consistent manner with attention to detail
- Ability to identify issues and develop solutions / resolutions
- Clear thinking and calm
- Able to learn quickly
- A team player
- Soft selling skills
- A reasonable degree of physical fitness as the post involves carrying tools and equipment and undertaking other physical work
- The ability to use and operate tools, including power tools
- The ability to work at heights up to 3.6 metres using ladders
- Must have current UK driving license for class B (manual transmission) vehicle
- All staff must be prepared to have an understanding of the equal opportunities/Customer Care and Health and safety policies.