Experienced warehouse supervisor required to manage a team who are responsible for the support of a national field services engineering team. The candidate should have demonstrable experience of managing an engineering stores facility whilst also working within a fast paced environment, dealing with pick and pack for daily dispatch.
What you’ll be doing
- Plan and co-ordinate the incoming goods, storage and dispatch of items in a timely and efficient manner to achieve your team objectives and KPI’s as determined by the Field Services Manager.
- To ensure effective, safe, accurate and timely stock management to include stock transfer and space allocation.
- Management of satellite van stocks.
- Working closely with Field Services Manager and Customer Services department to ensure adequate stock levels to meet the needs of customers and clients.
- Organising and ensuring accurate stock takes.
- Responsible for ensuring that the quality of the product and service within the Warehouse is maintained at the highest possible standards for the company and its customers.
- Ensure quality procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Implement the company’s Health and Safety policy, ensuring safe working conditions and practices within the Warehouse.
- Participate actively in continuous process improvement projects, seeking ways to develop and maximise customer service levels.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be required by management from time to time.
Who we’re looking for
- Educated to GCSE level with a C Grade or above in Maths and English.
- Stores management experience gained within an industrial environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong people management skills
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to make decisions
- Ability to use initiative
- Excellent planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Ability to implement and ensure compliance with company policies
- Customer focused
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Forward thinking
- Positive attitude
- Technical aptitude
- Willingness to work overtime
- Experience of ISO 9001 (2008) desired but not essential