Skip to content

Carbon monoxide alarm

Carbon monoxide is an odourless and colourless gas which is sometimes produced in fires and boilers and can be fatal. Our carbon monoxide alarm tells us when there is dangerous levels in your home.

If a dangerous level of carbon monoxide is detected in your home a local alarm will sound to alert you, and when paired with our Lifeline base unit an alarm will be raised at our monitoring centre. A carbon monoxide alarm is ideal for:

  • Elderly, vulnerable or disabled.
  • People with medical conditions such as dementia, epilepsy or diabetes.
  • Households with young children.
Doro carbon monoxide detector

How does it work?

Dangerous gases from fires, boilers and water heaters can all produce carbon monoxide which can cause headaches, sickness and dizziness but it can also be fatal as it has no smell, taste or colour.

The carbon monoxide alarms provide an immediate alert when they detect dangerous levels of carbon monoxide inside the home. The fact the detector is connected to a contact centre is the key difference between a telecare alarm and a stand-alone alarm which does not alert a monitoring centre.

Why is it needed?

There are on average 200+ reported A&E admissions and one person dies every week because of carbon monoxide poisoning. It is therefore vital there is a way of detecting the build-up of potentially fatal emissions at an early stage to enable preventative action to take place.

The importance of a alarm linked to a contact centre cannot be stressed enough. It ensures that the contact centre can contact the emergency services on behalf of the vulnerable adult who may not hear or be able to respond to a stand-alone alarm.

Call us to find out more on 01323 644422 or email info@welbeing.org.uk

What is telecare?

Telecare helps to manage risk and support independence by means of unobtrusive wireless sensors placed around the home which detect possible problems such as smoke, gas, flood or a person falling.